Monday, August 1, 2011

social notworking.

In response to Michael, and Lauren I also agree with the statement that socializing and relationships have greatly changed due to the Internet and technology. I believe that this change however is not for the best for our society. I believe that people replace real relationships and friendships with online ones. People are too busy changing their status while they are out doing something “fun” then actually enjoying what they are participating in. For example when someone post “ I’m having sooo much fun at a party.” shouldn’t they be to busy having too much “fun” at the party to take the time to stop to update their facebook status?

Also the fact that people can contact and see what someone else is doing 24-7 is also not the best for relationships. Back in the day people weren’t able to talk or text their girlfriend/boyfriend every other minute. This constant communication I believe puts stress on each person in the relationship, where before the only communication would be in person or over a home phone.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I completely agree with you that although the dynamic of social relationships has changed so much, it is not necessarily for the better. In the situation you describe about people being so enraptured with technology that they forget to live in the moment and enjoy what they are doing- I think this is definitely a negative aspect that has arisen. I was just talking about that four corners app with a friend today; I find it odd that a person feel the need to broadcast where they are at all times. I feel like this sort of thing is demonstrative of these types of inorganic forms of communication that attach an array of newfound social motivations.

    ReplyDelete