Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Because new media, blogging in particular, is so widely used, I feel like it has become such an important representation of individuality. Blogs can say so much about someone, and their personal stance and opinions on a certain topic of interest or a wide range of ideas. Arielle, I really want to hone in on your idea of how blogging has become so prevalent that it almost replaces in-person interaction and discussion. I think you make a valid argument in how it allows one to truly think about and refine what they are trying to say and what message they want to convey. I agree that so many people, including myself at times, that this is preferable means of communication, and importantly is open to interpretation and comments by a much greater audience. I will refute it by saying that I think it makes people's conversations or remarks less personal and organic in the sense that it is not happening in the moment, face to face. It does have its pros and cons, which is evident in many of your thought-provoking responses, and I am interested to hear what everyone brings to the table during the course of the class, and how it may affirm or even shape my own ideas on blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment