Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Up until today I have never realized how much blogging actually goes on. Whenever I used to hear someone use the term "blogging" I always just thought it was pointless typing and posting so I never really checked it out. After reading that article that Charlie linked and after going through some blogs myself I realize that there is a lot more to blogging than I thought. The article Charlie linked really put blogging into perspective for me. I never took the time to think about all the points the article made, such as how blogging can promote critical/analytical thinking for many people and how it can be used to spread a person's ideas and opinions throughout the world via Internet. I also didn't realize how many people actually used blogging but that all changed once I saw the view our blog received from Germany. The fact that there was someone from Germany looking at our class blog just seconds after it was posted really put how popular blogging is into place for me. Although there are many blogs with opinions and information that really have no relevance to most of it's readers (one of the reasons I thought blogging was pointless), there are also ones that contain valuable information, such as the product reviews mentioned by Langston. After doing a little bit of researching and finally posting my first real blog post I now have a different view about blogging and look forward to continue reading posts by the class and creating posts of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment